Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1st T-ball game

Branden & Donivan had their first T-ball game. (4/5/10) It was the most fun that I have had in a long time! Big brother, Tanner went with me and we didn't stop laughing the entire game. The boys missed the first two practices because of the wedding last week. I kind of worried that perhaps they wouldn't know exactly what to do but Tanner assured me that they most definitely did! And they did!!!

We had to go to several different stores to find a small lefty t-ball mitt. Donivan is left handed just like his Dad and Kyle!


After we arrived, got our new "Blue Thunder" shirts, I placed their hats on their heads. The first thing they did was turn the hats around to wear them "just like Tanner"!


Mark missed the game because I forgot to schedule him off work early so when he looked at the pictures, he could only comment on "their perfect form"!!!

It didn't matter where the coach positioned Donivan, the minute the ball was hit, he was all over the field to get it first! Even if it meant tackling a team mate! He would pick it up and put both hands in the air and yell, "I got it Tanner"! Tanner had to teach him to throw the ball to first base! Finally the coach put him in the pitcher position and the ball was hit pretty hard off into right field. Donivan took off running and still was the first one to get the ball!

As I sat there on the field, once again, I couldn't believe that I was doing this all over again! However, I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy...this is just about one of the cutest things I have ever seen!! They are so cute & the fact that they are "just like Tanner" is so endearing. You are lucky to get to experience this twice as a mom. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to watch the two of them. Does Tanner know how much they adore him? Everyday they are saying something about, "Tanner's song" "Tanner's hat" "Tanner...." So cute!

    ReplyDelete