Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I love to see the temple . . . I went inside today!

We have been so excited as we visit Grandma and Grandpa Elmer to watch the construction of the Gila Valley Temple. Even though my parents are serving a mission in Salt Lake, they too are excited to come home to a new temple. I think they are most excited that they don't have to drive 3 hours to attend the temple now. OH NO!!! That also means they won't come to visit as often!

Last Saturday, we took a day trip to take a tour. It was so beautiful and such a great experience for the kiddos.


This is a side view and as you can see, it is one of the smaller Temples. It only has one ordinance room that seats 40 people, two sealing rooms and everything else is very limited. What a great blessing for these dedicated saints!

Rachelle was wearing flip flops so we had to make a quick stop at Walmart to buy some better shoes. When we got out of the truck, I almost died when I saw her outfit! She entertained people as we walked through the store. One lady even stopped us and asked if this outfit was a "new trend"!

AND HERE IS TANNER . . . PLUGGED IN!!! I hate IPODS when we travel but I sure love this stud muffin!

3 comments:

  1. What a great experience! I love Rachelle's outfit. Maybe I'll try and pull that off - anything with sweats is great with me! I'm with you on your feelings about ipods, but I would have been happy for any diversion on our temple trip. My kids almost didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute family picture..I love the first one, everyone looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Beautiful family pictures! As for Rachelle...she can pull anything off, the girl is GORGEOUS!! We sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete