Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Salt Lake - Day 2

Monday morning we woke up so excited to head up to Park City to ride the Alpine slides and coaster. Branden and Donivan had already seen a video of this and could hardly contain themselves! The white swirlee things on the mountain are a portion of the slides.



Since July 4th was on a Sunday this year, most people had today (Monday) off work and so there were some lines.

Riding the lift up the mountain to get on the slide.



The slide ride was really fun but I did not enjoy the part where a bee flew in my mouth and stung me right on the tongue!

Here we are, ready to get on the coaster. You actually ride the coaster up the mountain and its so beautiful as you weave in and out of the pine trees.

Branden was a little scared at first but by the time they made their first turn, he was ready to fly down the mountain!

Donivan and I were ready to fly before we even got on the coaster


Aunt Pam doesn't do "rides" so she found herself some shade and was very patient waiting!

It was a warm day for Utah so snow cones tasted really good! It also made my tongue feel much better! Sugar is always a cure for most things!

Such a fun day and who needs a beach to tan (or burn in my case)!



2 comments:

  1. this is Kilie Rainey now Farnsworth. I am excited that i could come across your blog. it was so fun to see what your family is up to, and to see pictures from Ryans homecoming. Love that kid! He is such an awesome example and friend. U did good at raising that boy! Thanks for a dear friend.:) your blog is fun!
    love
    Kilie ..
    ps congrats on the first granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing at the bee situation. So sorry that happend, I bet the boys thought "Cool Mom". You guys look like you were having a blast, that is a fun place in Park city, I am glad you were able to enjoy it. I love the temple pictures too. I am glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete