Thursday, July 15, 2010

Salt Lake - Day 3

This was the BIG day to visit Grandma and Grandpa at the Family History Library where they are serving as missionaries. This is their second mission serving in the Library and really LOVE family history. I LOVE hearing the different stories that they find while they research our ancestors.

They are assigned to the conservation "LAB" and enjoy working and restoring old books that are donated to the library. Sometimes these books come in very bad condition and missionaries take them apart and restore them so that others can obtain their family history from them.


The "lab" is filled with lots of hard working missionaries that really enjoy each other. What a great place to serve!

Grandma always has a candy or cookie dish for all the grandkids, even far away in Salt Lake!


I just LOVE this huge picture that hangs on the wall as you enter the Family History Library. I remember seeing it for the first time when Mark's parents served in this same library 10 years ago. I think it perfectly describes the "plan". In fact, I want one just like it!

This is a little log cabin that sits right out the front door of the Family History Library. It was a favorite for the boys. It was just their size . . . and to think that the early pioneers used to call that small little place, HOME.


Grandma and Grandpa - what great examples of selfless service you are to us as you give this special time in your life in service of our Heavenly Father. I have always had my boys serving their missions the same time as my parents have served. I know that our blessings were doubled during that time. Thanks for the great examples and heritage that you have given to our family!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your comment on my blog and I'm excited to have your blog link...now I can keep track of what your cute family is doing! (Sounds like you had a great trip to Utah.) :)

    ReplyDelete