Sunday, February 20, 2011

London's Run


I am so behind on my posts but couldn't let this one get by!


January 29th was the annual London's Run. Ryan has competed in this several times. The first time, he won it! This is his first running competition since returning home from his mission. He drove down from Flagstaff, picked up Rachelle and off they went. Together!

I was so proud of both of them! Half marathons are not easy!

Our conversation went something like this after the run.
Me: So how did you do?
Ryan: Not so good this year?
Me: Why do you say that?
Ryan: I am so out of shape.
Me: Well, its OK Ryan, its your first run since your mission.
Ryan: Ya, well. . . I will do better next year!
Me: That-a-boy!

So they came home and we were all talking. I said "Ryan, I can't wait til next year so you can be in better shape and show them what you're really made of. "
Rachelle said, "What? Whats he complaining about? He got third place overall!"

Thats our humble Ryan! First place in his age division and 3rd place overall with a time of 1:22:28.


Now let me tell you - Rachelle is the one that I am so proud of! Her very first half marathon and running competition. She ran the entire way without ever stopping! She came in #313 out of 531 runners! I think that she did GREAT!

Rachelle, Ryan and Hillary Udall


Rachelle, Hillary Udall and Rachelle Babcock

Way to go everyone!


London's Run is held every year in Queen Creek and dedicated to London Solomon, a beautiful young friend of Tanner's, who died of cancer when she was in elementary school.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! There isn't much more to say than that! I can't even run the circle here in the neighborhood. I'm always impressed when people can even run, and for that far! Way to go Lee family!!!

    ReplyDelete